NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   great catching at the cong (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101755)

bunker dunker 03-05-2018 02:22 PM

great catching at the cong

fished saturday and sunday up the lake.we fished the shallow side and caught
shinners,bluegill,perch,crappie and yes some slime darts.it was great fishing for the 3rd and 4th of march.most of the fishing were taken on the bobber and jig but sunday the small husky jerks were catching a few fish too.most of the perch and crappie were small so ya had to weed thru them to put a good catch together.the colors we caught best on were yellow,pink and white.24" below the bobber and you had to work it back slow.at times it was cast and catch other times ya had to throw around and find them.all and all another good weekend on the big lake.

henro 03-05-2018 02:27 PM

Re: great catching at the cong

Another great report! I can't wait to get time out on the lake!

NJSquatch 03-05-2018 06:41 PM

I think I saw you guys hiding in a the cove from the wind when I was driving around on Sunday.

Someone needs to fillet and grill that damn groundhog. Another 12" on the way. 70's in February was too good to be true.

Hookmanski 03-05-2018 10:05 PM

Sweet report! I've never fished the Cong, looking to change that this spring :D

Chrisper4694 03-06-2018 12:07 PM

headed there after work today. going to stay after dark in hopes of some walleye bites.

bunker dunker 03-06-2018 12:45 PM

they are there for sure.just watch out for those lure eating slim darts.

Chrisper4694 03-06-2018 08:11 PM

That shallow water temp dropped so hard absolutely nothing would bite. Unreal. Couldnt even get a panfish to bite.

bunker dunker 03-08-2018 03:34 PM

imagine after this mess its going to be a few days till they start biting again.i'll be up there saturday and sunday but don't expect to be catching much.

NJSquatch 03-08-2018 05:20 PM

long range weather doesn't look very good either...nightly lows in the 20's and highs in the mid 30's for the next 10 days....grrr....i put a bounty on that damn groundhog

bunker dunker 03-09-2018 07:31 AM

with a little help from the good Lord maybe we can get some sun shine.i'm sure
if we got some sun light that skinny water will warm fast.i will give the lake some time and start late morning and fish when the sun is at its highest.