NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What happened (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102837)

shucker 05-20-2018 12:42 PM

What happened

This section use to be for the normal guy fishing reports now it has become a charter promo page.What a waste

Reelron 05-20-2018 02:22 PM

Re: What happened

"Normal Guy" here? No such thing!

SaltLife1980 05-20-2018 03:38 PM

I like all the reports.

Togfather2530 05-20-2018 04:05 PM

I agree with that. It seems like the private normal people haven’t been posting, me included. Everyone gets busy. I’m going to try to be better about posting this year. I’ll also include where I was fishing and detailed results. Nothing against the charter reports but it gets old reading them. You hear about the”hot Raritan Bay striper fishing” but see most of the charter guys trolling every time ur out there with them. Trolling is not a hot bite and the bass fishing has been spotty this year. Just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. Capt ron summed it up saying it’s the worst in 40 years. God bless the guys getting them. I haven’t had a lot of luck thus far. To any private boats reading this, let’s make an effort to post more this year.

Boston Pete 05-20-2018 04:46 PM

I logged on for the first time in a while last week and thought the same thing....i didn't count but i would be safe to say 80% of the posts were ng charter/party boats reports. I didn't even bother to search any other sites.
Now i would say it's less that 50% so maybe I'll check on the weekends.
Damn do we miss LAB.......

Boston Pete 05-20-2018 04:52 PM

Shoot, i just looked i would say 65%-70% are PB & Charter reports!!!!!:eek:
WTF is going on is right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taxman 05-20-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shucker (Post 508343)
This section use to be for the normal guy fishing reports now it has become a charter promo page.What a waste

Where is your report??

Togfather2530 05-20-2018 05:09 PM

Fished Thursday and Friday. Tried anchoring and clamming on decent readings at first bc I think trolling for stripers is gay lol. I was fishing in the Raritan out closer to the navy pier. Caught an over 43 and a 29” within 15 minutes only keeping the 29. There were 2 charter boated trolling around us for about an hour, no names mentioned. Then it died and we drifted and bunker chunked our way towards the back bay for a bit. Nothing. Tried some areas in the back bay again trying to anchor up. No luck though. Like I said when the bait bite blows the fishing is not red hot imho. That being said it’s striper fishing and someone always finds some fish.

Boston Pete 05-20-2018 05:14 PM

Taxman, this board isn't just about posting fishing reports.
Really, I could give a sh*t about what some PB, Charter Boat chest pumping egomaniac posts. I want to learn, I want to hear about something new i new....like reason162's report about Gulp vs Keitech.
I understand the fishing industry is a tough business but mabey it's time for a Reports Forum.
I know I'm not the only who feels this way, most of my friends don't visit this site anymore for this reason.

bulletbob 05-20-2018 05:50 PM

I would agree, this has become more of a party/charter report section.. However, its NOT the fault of the captains and crews doing the reporting , its all of us. They are all sponsors and have every right to speak up about the fishing trips they offer, and their daily experiences..

Many of us that are "regular contributors here would submit broad interest salt water fishing topics to be discussed by anyone that was interested.. That has fallen off to nothing.. I actually have had nasty comments from members, that this was a "reports section", and not to post general salt water fishing topics... It is what it is, but if we want to keep this a "salt water fishing discussion board", the membership must step up, submit good topic material, and join in the conversations, and be contributors, not detractors... I see Gerry has written some nice pieces from time to time about species, techniques, seasons, localities, and they are always well done and well received. In my opinion, this section could use a bit more of that. there is a TON of great experience here, and a lot of it isn't being shared... bob