NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Best Of (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GAMBLER Benifit Trip for Elena (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43025)

captbogan 01-23-2012 08:41 AM

GAMBLER Benifit Trip for Elena

The Gambler crew is looking to help a family that has been struggling under the weight of medical bills for the last 20+ years. At the age of 4, Elena Jenkins was diagnosed and treated for leukemia and brian tumors. This family needs a little break.

I thought that we could raise money and at the same time have a good, fun fishing trip.

The trip will set sail on Sunday, Feb 12th (Rain date, Feb 19th) Leaving at 4AM and returning by 4PM, the fare will be $100 per person. Lunch (donated by friends of the Jenkins') will be included with the price. We will be targeting cod, ling and pollock. The trip will be limited to 40 passangers or less.

I have invited Elena's father, Bob and Brother Rob (Panga Rob and local Shimano rep) to join us.

This will be a good trip for a worthy cause.

If you have an idea to raise more money during the trip, please post it here.

Sign up by using a credit card to hold your spot. Call 732-295-7569. If you don't get an answer, just leave your name and number and someone will call you back.

parker pete sportfishing 01-23-2012 09:03 AM

Re: GAMBLER Benifit Trip for Elena

do a 50/50 on board..... most of the time everyone gets in. or silent auction of gift certs from tackle stores. good luck

tautog 01-23-2012 09:13 AM

Can't make it but someone could collect donated gifts and then raffle them, custom rods, tackle, fishing trips, etc.

screamintunas 01-23-2012 10:06 AM

To Capt. Bob and the Gambler Crew,
The Family would like to express our warmest, deepest gratitude for this gesture. Dad has been talking about this trip incessantly since it was first proposed.

Ladies and Gents-
Join us for a day of fishing with a truly World Class Party Boat.

Panga Rob

Dclark2 01-23-2012 11:00 AM

We were raising money for an American Legion in my area and purchased 4 tickets from a party boat and then raffled them off to cover expense of tickets plus.

italianfisherman 01-23-2012 11:02 AM

can't make it, already committed on a charter..BUT will call & give a donation..

Kevin Bogan 01-23-2012 11:30 AM

I will donate a Fish Poison MH conventional to the Pool winner with the winners name and a fish decal of their choice. Or those running the trip can handle it anyway they see fit.

PocketFisherman 01-23-2012 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been friends with the Jenkins family for 5 years and will attest to the fact that the financial and emotional toll Elena’s medical problems have taken on her and her entire family are unimaginable to those of us who lead relatively normal and healthy lives.

Bobby’s generosity to offer up the Gambler for this event is a great way for all of us to do something we love to do while helping a family that really could use a little boost.

Hope to see you there.

Below is a picture of a nice cod (1 of 10 that day) that Rob put me on a couple weeks ago while fishing aboard his panga a few miles out of Shark River. Hopefully, the cod gods will shine on us again Feb. 12.

VdubFishinJC 01-23-2012 12:24 PM

wat an amazing idea..

where do we send donations!!?

italianfisherman 01-23-2012 12:34 PM

donation sent....