NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Braid Question (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67313)

Skolmann 02-27-2014 09:19 AM

Braid Question

I've been using the moss green Power Pro for almost all my fishing for years and really have had no issues.

I see there is a coupon in the new issue of The Fisherman for Suffix 832 and was wondering if anyone uses it and has some feedback on it ?

Harpoon 02-27-2014 09:40 AM

Re: Braid Question

I originally loaded all my reels (conventional and spinning) with PP. As its time to refill them I have been making the switch over to 832...even though it is pricier. I find the 832 braid is much smoother, tying knots is a bit easier and overall I just like the feel of it. It did bleed a bit of color the first couple times I used it but goes away quick. I didn't do all the reels at once because well the PP works fine for me.

I can't speak for surf fishing as those guys may have had some different experience casting long distances with it.

Skolmann 02-27-2014 09:52 AM

Coupon is for buy 1, get 1-guess I'll get 2 spools, fill 2 reels and see how it goes.

HDMarc 02-27-2014 10:03 AM

I have a couple reels spooled with the solid green PP, but most of my others filled with PP Depth Hunter which is a little smoother that the regular PP, plus you can gauge the depth you're fishing. No experience with the Suffix but know others that use it and like it. For the deal you have going, I say go for it.

Garone Custom Rods 02-27-2014 10:05 AM

I have the 832 on a bunch or reels and I find it leaps and bounds better than power pro. Much smoother

hofnodinstructor 02-27-2014 10:24 AM

Have used a lot of 832. Tried Power Pro Super 8 Slick and found it much smoother and faster to the bottom.

anchor joe 02-27-2014 10:35 AM

Spider Wire in-visible. Lays on reel nice and smooth to cast, holds knots well. Originally tried Power Pro and took off reels immediately and been using Spider wire for 15 years and loving it.

jmurr711 02-27-2014 11:10 AM

Doc, all my rels got suffix on the I like it alot more

Bass_Appeal 02-27-2014 04:04 PM

ive been using power pro now for about 5 years the stuff is strong as hell, but i noticed it starts to fray and lose color in salt water. i wash my reels out everytime i get back to the dock but still seems to do the same thing .i was thing on changin up also at least on a pole i use frequently just to see if i notice a difference in feel and longevity ! also the p.p seems to tear up the eyes on my poles for some reason !! ( maybe cause i only catch monster):D

kmaty 02-27-2014 04:38 PM

I got super slick on my surf gear and boat rods love it so much kinder on my fingers and gear