NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fishermen To March On Washington, Dc (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18041)

CaptTB 12-11-2009 08:46 PM

Fishermen To March On Washington, Dc

FISHERMEN TO MARCH ON WASHINGTON, DC

For Immediate Release, December 10, 2009:

Recreational and commercial fishermen, support business owners, families, and community leaders will gather at the steps of our Nation’s Capitol on February 24, 2010 from noon to 3 PM to show congress a united front of the impacts caused by the unintended impacts of the Magnuson Stevens Conservation and Management Act as revised effective January, 2007 (RMSA). The overly restrictive management requirements created by the RMSA based on non scientific arbitrary deadlines are forcing anglers off the water, eliminating commercial fishing, preventing consumers from purchasing locally caught fresh seafood, destroying small family businesses, increasing unemployment, and adversely affecting coastal communities.

We fully support real science based management and the conservation of our marine resources while also being able to sustain recreational and commercial fishing activities, providing locally caught seafood, sustaining small family businesses, and supporting our coastal communities. Please stay tuned as the details are being developed and will be provided. Make your plans to join us for this historic event and work with us in a United effort from coast to coast.

UNITED WE FISH and FISHING MATTERS

CCGF urges all elected officials to work together and to join the efforts by the leaders of other coastal states for the best interests of our coastal communities and the Nation.

This effort is being coordinated by many organizations and individuals including but not limited to CCGF, RFA, FRA, United Boatmen of New York, United Boatmen of New Jersey, MSSA and more to be announced.

CCGF is a 501(c) (6) non profit that represents recreational for-hire vessel owners and operators, supporting businesses, and recreational anglers from the Gulf of Mexico

jakesdad 12-11-2009 08:54 PM

Re: Fishermen To March On Washington, Dc

Tony,
I was wondering how long before something like this would happen, We need to stand united, not just SSFFF but all the organizations together.
Hopefully many will make themselves available for this.
Keep us posted.
Henry

CaptTB 12-11-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakesdad
Tony,
I was wondering how long before something like this would happen, We need to stand united, not just SSFFF but all the organizations together.
Hopefully many will make themselves available for this.
Keep us posted.
Henry

This has been in the works for some time, just went public once the permits were approved. Expect to see RFA and others come out with their own press releases, this was just the first one I received so it saved me the trouble of having to type something up!!

shrimpman steve 12-11-2009 10:37 PM

can someone say "roadtrip"!

missbelmar 12-11-2009 10:38 PM

where r the buses leaving from

jmurr711 12-11-2009 11:02 PM

F#cking Right Been 4 Years Since My Last Protest Lets Do This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GDubya07 12-12-2009 09:10 AM

I am in just need to check with work

Lets do this - get some buses and make our stand

This is now or never people - Please we need to do something

If we cant get buses I will offer to drive who-ever will fit in the Jeep

Lets Rock :cool: -:mad: -:D - G-Out

High low 12-14-2009 07:23 PM

Do they stock the reflecting pond @ the Washington Monument?

Fish The Drop Off 12-14-2009 07:25 PM

Capt. TB,
Just wanted to check that the date is correct?

Reelron 12-14-2009 07:57 PM

Word from the RFA that the date will be changed to the 24th.