NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Best Of (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GAMBLER Benifit Trip for Elena (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43025)

captbogan 01-23-2012 08:41 AM

GAMBLER Benifit Trip for Elena

The Gambler crew is looking to help a family that has been struggling under the weight of medical bills for the last 20+ years. At the age of 4, Elena Jenkins was diagnosed and treated for leukemia and brian tumors. This family needs a little break.

I thought that we could raise money and at the same time have a good, fun fishing trip.

The trip will set sail on Sunday, Feb 12th (Rain date, Feb 19th) Leaving at 4AM and returning by 4PM, the fare will be $100 per person. Lunch (donated by friends of the Jenkins') will be included with the price. We will be targeting cod, ling and pollock. The trip will be limited to 40 passangers or less.

I have invited Elena's father, Bob and Brother Rob (Panga Rob and local Shimano rep) to join us.

This will be a good trip for a worthy cause.

If you have an idea to raise more money during the trip, please post it here.

Sign up by using a credit card to hold your spot. Call 732-295-7569. If you don't get an answer, just leave your name and number and someone will call you back.

parker pete sportfishing 01-23-2012 09:03 AM

Re: GAMBLER Benifit Trip for Elena

do a 50/50 on board..... most of the time everyone gets in. or silent auction of gift certs from tackle stores. good luck

tautog 01-23-2012 09:13 AM

Can't make it but someone could collect donated gifts and then raffle them, custom rods, tackle, fishing trips, etc.

screamintunas 01-23-2012 10:06 AM

To Capt. Bob and the Gambler Crew,
The Family would like to express our warmest, deepest gratitude for this gesture. Dad has been talking about this trip incessantly since it was first proposed.

Ladies and Gents-
Join us for a day of fishing with a truly World Class Party Boat.

Panga Rob

Dclark2 01-23-2012 11:00 AM

We were raising money for an American Legion in my area and purchased 4 tickets from a party boat and then raffled them off to cover expense of tickets plus.

italianfisherman 01-23-2012 11:02 AM

can't make it, already committed on a charter..BUT will call & give a donation..

Kevin Bogan 01-23-2012 11:30 AM

I will donate a Fish Poison MH conventional to the Pool winner with the winners name and a fish decal of their choice. Or those running the trip can handle it anyway they see fit.

PocketFisherman 01-23-2012 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been friends with the Jenkins family for 5 years and will attest to the fact that the financial and emotional toll Elena’s medical problems have taken on her and her entire family are unimaginable to those of us who lead relatively normal and healthy lives.

Bobby’s generosity to offer up the Gambler for this event is a great way for all of us to do something we love to do while helping a family that really could use a little boost.

Hope to see you there.

Below is a picture of a nice cod (1 of 10 that day) that Rob put me on a couple weeks ago while fishing aboard his panga a few miles out of Shark River. Hopefully, the cod gods will shine on us again Feb. 12.

VdubFishinJC 01-23-2012 12:24 PM

wat an amazing idea..

where do we send donations!!?

italianfisherman 01-23-2012 12:34 PM

donation sent....

captbogan 01-23-2012 03:07 PM

Boy. What a great response already. Thank you Kevin and Italian Fisherman. I've come to learn that it all comes back (with interest) in the end.

Mary Ann is on vacation, so be patient with return phone calls. My sister, Lee-Ann and I, are returning calls.

Madman9132 01-23-2012 05:17 PM

I'm planing on coming down to fish with you guys tomarrow morn... I'll talk to you about the trip when i see you Capt.

Ryan W 01-24-2012 01:27 AM

I cannot fish or work deck on this trip but I will send some money in as a donation.

Ryan

VdubFishinJC 01-24-2012 01:33 AM

allways ready to help a fellow angler!

JC

CaptMarc 01-24-2012 06:12 AM

Capt. Bob. I would be happy to donate an inshore fishing trip for this event. You can call me at 201 401-1741. We can discuss details and let me know what you would need.

Capt. Marc

mahigold 01-24-2012 07:43 AM

Rella's Tavern would be happy pitch in. PM me and we'll figure something out.

Ahab123 01-24-2012 09:47 AM

Bobby,
I'm in , I will call and reserve a spot....I've been sick again,
thats why you havent seen me....missed that incredible Tuna season you had!
...figures....Murphy's law....lets catch some Bacala...:D

Scott

bunker dunker 01-24-2012 10:01 AM

GREAT IDEA!!!!! i will call and get my spot

screamintunas 01-24-2012 10:02 AM

Guys-
The response has just about rendered us speechless.
The kindness and generosity are just overwhelming. For those that have posted, and to those that have just called Capt. Bob, this is awesome. Thank you.
Panga Rob

codbuster 01-24-2012 01:57 PM

Bob Will the bunks down stairs be open for this trip????

codbuster 01-24-2012 02:18 PM

Have a $20 pool and half goes to the cause!!

captbogan 01-24-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codbuster
Bob Will the bunks down stairs be open for this trip????

Yeah, I think we can open it.

captbogan 01-24-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codbuster
Have a $20 pool and half goes to the cause!!

Something to think about. Can I get a 2nd on that?

codbuster 01-24-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captbogan
Yeah, I think we can open it.

I'm in Bob!! Kip

Quanman 01-24-2012 04:18 PM

LobsterTales just reserved spots for me, him and another guy. I will bottle a case of wine and offer them for $10 a bottle (you can pay more if you like) and all proceeds will go to the cause. See you guys on the 12th.

Hanis 01-25-2012 07:16 AM

Just made reservations for two. Glad to help out.:)

dales529 01-25-2012 08:37 AM

Hi Bob,
Very nice gesture you are doing. I would be happy to help with the raffles/ 50/50 / pool etc. We have had great success doing this on the RFA-NJ fundraiser trips. Give me a call or a PM and we can discuss the format and particulars.

Dave

PocketFisherman 01-27-2012 10:57 AM

Who else from the site is in on this trip?

Middle of last Feb was some pretty decent cod fishing. Hopefully the same again.

Quanman 01-27-2012 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As of today we now have 6 guys in our group going. Can't wait to get out and fish.

Us + 4

PocketFisherman 01-27-2012 05:01 PM

Should we all wear a special hat on the trip?

VdubFishinJC 01-28-2012 12:46 AM

how many spots left?

JIMMY L 01-29-2012 09:53 AM

Mailing you a gift certificate for two for Captain Rons Fishermen courtesy of Local 164 IBEW Retirees Association .Best wishes to Elena and her family.

LeftyReeler 01-29-2012 05:10 PM

Left a message today to reserve 2 spots hopefully still open. I will definitely be in costume

Quanman 01-30-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxman

Capt Bob - since Capt Marc is offering to donate a trip and you have the certificates donated by Toghead, maybe you can do a raffle and open it up to people that can't make the trip.

Could be set up like a Tricky Tray. Lay out all the prizes and people purchase tickets and put them at the prizes they want.

screamintunas 01-30-2012 10:20 AM

Guys/Girls-
Capt. Rich, a friend of mine, as well as a site sponsor (M R Charters) called the other night to inform me he was donating a spring striper live lining trip for either the months of May or June, to add the pot.

Thanks to one and all for your support.

Panga Rob

screamintunas 01-30-2012 10:21 AM

Sorry-
That should have read "to add to the pot".

Panga Rob

Jay 01-30-2012 09:41 PM

The donations of the tickets are very generous, could be raffled and the money goes towards a donation to Elena. I think, some of the members are taking this a little to heart. Let's keep this a positive thread for a good cause. God bless Elena!

Boston Pete 01-31-2012 08:57 AM

Can't make the trip but would love to donate...please let me know where to send a check....or a paypal account.

My prayers to Elena & family/friends.

dakota560 01-31-2012 01:21 PM

“Back where I come from there are men who do nothing all day but good deeds. They are called phila… er, phila… er, yes, er, Good Deed Doers.” and "A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."

Name it and claim it!

Capt Bob, there are people who talk about doing very kind and great things like what you're doing here and then's there's people who make it happen. You obviously subscribe to the later category and as such you are a phila...er, phila...er, er.....Good Deed Doer and a man with a very big heart! It's great to see someone take the time and put forth the effort to do what you're doing here. A beautiful deed indeed! I'm not sure if you still have openings on the trip. If so, could you pm me and let me know. If not, like others have asked, please let me know where I can send a donation to help out the family you're doing this for. You've made my day and so many others I'm sure simply by showing that there are very good things we can all do in life that will have a very positive and profound effect on other people's lives. A philosophy to live by!

Great job!

Dakota

Muldune 02-01-2012 09:59 AM

Amen to that Dakota