NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Best Of (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The history of jigging Blackfish in NJ as I know it (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94234)

bunker dunker 12-27-2016 07:22 AM

Re: The history of jigging Blackfish in NJ as I know it

Uncle Henry not only started the "jig" movement here in nj he was also kind enough to share with others as Eric had said earlier.I was able to get on a charter trip
in RI with Henry,who i did not even know.He was putting on a clinic with his Jig.
i thought how cool is this as i am a jigaholic with everything from sea bass to tuna.i watched and watched as this guy was hooking and landing nice tog.we were making a move and i asked him about the jigging.now he could have told me to shove off as i had never met him and not to say the "tog guys'aren't friendly but...... instead he explains and shows me a few things and hands me a jig and says"try it".well from that day on when conditions are right the jig is the go to.if your reading this Henry i just want to say thanks again.

jigemup 12-27-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunker dunker (Post 470190)
Uncle Henry not only started the "jig" movement here in nj he was also kind enough to share with others as Eric had said earlier.I was able to get on a charter trip
in RI with Henry,who i did not even know.He was putting on a clinic with his Jig.
i thought how cool is this as i am a jigaholic with everything from sea bass to tuna.i watched and watched as this guy was hooking and landing nice tog.we were making a move and i asked him about the jigging.now he could have told me to shove off as i had never met him and not to say the "tog guys'aren't friendly but...... instead he explains and shows me a few things and hands me a jig and says"try it".well from that day on when conditions are right the jig is the go to.if your reading this Henry i just want to say thanks again.

Ed, you're welcome. It's a lot of fun when a tog takes a couple 5-10 yard runs against a 6# drag setting. Too bad so many guys are doing this, too much competition.

bunker dunker 12-27-2016 09:05 AM

Henry i don't think you have to worry about that.like Eric said you are years ahead of the curve.

Sullivan 12-27-2016 08:39 PM

Good info guy"s , tried it for the first time this year got about 15 , no shorts . Downhill since then , just picky bites ,caught some , but not that good , same with the bait guy"s . That being said I guess the jig also don"t always get them either . I was using a banana style jig and moving it very slowly ,color was brownish orange ,and read to use a jig that the hook don"t lay flat . Correct movement is still in question ?

jmurr711 12-27-2016 08:44 PM

Why haven't more jo jiggers signed up for puosu? Afraid to compete against 40+ people?

Joey Dah Fish 12-27-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurr711 (Post 470267)
Why haven't more jo jiggers signed up for puosu? Afraid to compete against 40+ people?

Jmurr throwing it down !!!!!!!!

Abrasion 12-28-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurr711 (Post 470267)

Because being on a boat with 40 other people blackfishing is a waste of time and money

Joey Dah Fish 12-28-2016 08:54 PM

[QUOTE=Abrasion;470340]Because being on a boat with 40 other people blackfishing is a waste of time
I totally disagree

MVP 12-28-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abrasion (Post 470340)
Because being on a boat with 40 other people blackfishing is a waste of time and money

When Gerry hands a check to the Wells family at the end of the PUOSU and see the reaction on Mrs Wells face and the good that the NJfishing community does to help a family out that lost a loved one I think you would be rethinking your comment as it is neither a waste of time or money. As fishing is sometimes allot more than just catching fish

Gerry Zagorski 12-28-2016 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP (Post 470358)
When Gerry hands a check to the Wells family at the end of the PUOSU and see the reaction on Mrs Wells face and the good that the NJfishing community does to help a family out that lost a loved one I think you would be rethinking your comment as it is neither a waste of time or money. As fishing is sometimes allot more than just catching fish

AMEN brother!!